Annual Show 2012
18th AUGUST 2012
1.00pm - 4.30pm
Mr Bert Nelson
Best Exhibit in Show
SCOTTISH BEGONIA SOCIETY TROPHY:
Best Exhibit in Class 1.
THE PRESIDENTS CUP:
Best Exhibit in Class 2, 3 and 4.
ABBEY VIEW TENNANTS ASSOCIATION TROPHY:
Most points in Class 5 to 10.
ARTS FESTIVAL TROPHY:
Best Exhibit in Class 11.
THE BALBIRNY CHALLENGE TROPHY:
Most points in Classes 1,2,3,4,11,12,13,14 & 15.
Best Exhibit in Class 12.
Best Exhibit Class 13.
Best Exhibit in Classes 14 to 18.
JOHN MURRAY MEMORIAL TROPHY
Best Bloom in Show
DANNY SUTHERLAND TROPHY
Best Exhibit Class 29
Class 1 - Six Blooms, not less than four varieties.
Class 2 - Three Blooms, any varieties.
Class 3 - Three Blooms, bi-colour or Picotee, at least two distinct varieties.
Class 4 - Three Blooms, pink or salmon, at least two distinct varieties.
Class 5 - One Bloom, white or cream.
Class 6 - One Bloom, yellow.
Class 7 - One Bloom, pink or salmon.
Class 8 - One Bloom, orange.
Class 9 - One Bloom, red.
Class 10 - One Bloom, bi-colour or Picotee.
Class 11 - Three plants in pots, any variety single stemmed, no side shoots
and three cut blooms, any variety, on board.
Class 12 - Three plants in pots, multi-stemmed, forward facing, any variety or varieties
Class 13 - Three plants in pots, single-stemmed, no side shoots, any variety or varieties.
Class 14 – One plant in pot, multi-stemmed, all round effect.
Class 15 – One plant in pot, single stemmed, no side shoots.
Class 16 – One Pendula, any variety. ( not Sutherlandii )
Class 17 – One plant in pot for foliage.
Class 18 – One plant in pot not already specified in schedule.
MATT STOBBS TROPHY
Most points in classes 19 – 21.
BOB STEVENSON TROPHY
Awarded to the winner of Class 19.
Class 19 – Two plants in pots, multi-stemmed, forward facing any variety.
Class 20 – Three plants in pots, single stemmed, no side shoots, any variety or varieties.
Class 21 – One plant in pot, single stemmed, no side shoots, and one bloom on board.
Class 22 - Three blooms distinct varieties.
WILLIE BETT MEMORIAL TROPHY
Best Exhibit in Classes 23 – 24.
DUNFERMLINE DISTRICT ARTS COUNCIL TROPHY.
Best Exhibit in Classes 25 – 28,
No Restrictions on Entries
Class 23 – Three Blooms, any varieties.
Class 24 – One Bloom, any variety.
Class 25 – Two plants in pots, single stemmed, no side shoots, any varieties.
Class 26 – One plant in pot, single stemmed, no side shoots.
Class 27 – One plant in pot, multi-stemmed, all round effect.
Class 28 – One plant in pot not already specified in Novice Section.
Awarded to the best exhibit in the novice section not previously awarded a trophy.
DANNY SUTHERLAND TROPHY
Class 29 - One Seedling Plant in Pot
1. All competitors must be members of the
East of Scotland Begonia Society.
2. No competitor can stage more than one exhibit in each Open class except in class 23 where the maximum is three entries per competitor and in classes 25 to 28 in Novice section.
3. Competitors Must give notice to the secretary or Show manager in writing before or on day of entering the show, specifying the classes in which they are to exhibit and receive a printed class entry ticket from the show secretary for each exhibit entered.
4. All cut blooms to be shown on boards provided by competitors.
5. All exhibits should be clearly identified.
6. The hall will be open at 4.00pm, the day before the show until 8.00pm and from 8.00am -10.15am on the morning of the show for reception of exhibits. All exhibits MUST be staged and the hall cleared by 10.30 a.m.
7. Exhibits cannot be removed until 4.30pm, or until allowed to so by show manager.
8. Presentation of trophies will take place at 4.10pm, on the day of the show.
9. All members of the East of Scotland Begonia Society are eligible to enter the Novice Section except, any member who has won a trophy in the Open or Intermediate Section, or a trophy in the Novice Section in two years. Any member who has won a trophy in the Open Section, or a trophy in the Intermediate Section in two years, is no longer eligible to enter the Intermediate Section.
10. While proper care will be taken of all exhibits, the society will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any exhibit during the days of the show.
11. The decision of the JUDGE is FINAL.